The format of this review will be quite different 'cause if I do it with my usual review format, I'll end up giving it a five in every category! So, I thought I'd just compare it to the movie.
- The book gave more detail to Voldemort's past while in the movie, Dumbledore only showed Harry two memories of Voldemort's childhood.
- The book told us that Fleur and Bill were to be married.
- The book also showed that Bill was attacked by Fenrir.
- As far as I can remember, Bellatrix did not attack the Burrow, though I could be wrong.
- The movie did not show Grawp in Dumbledore's funeral.
- Harry's and Ginny's romance was played up a lot more in the movie.
- Lupin and Tonks' romance was better explained in the book. Come to think of it, before reading the book, I had no idea who that girl with the pink hair was in the movie.
- Madame Rosmerta being Imperiused was explained in the book and wasn't in the movie.
- More emphasis was given to Dumbledore's withered hand as opposed to the movie wherein I recall only seeing it in one scene.
- The battle that erupted between the members of the Order of the Phoenix and the Death Eaters wasn't shown in the movie.
So, I'm sure that there were much more discrepancies but I've limited it to ten. Lastly, I would most definitely recommend this and those who haven't read it, you're missing half of your life already!
This is definitely a book that will need all your focus so, definitely a "heavy" read type of thing. :)